Follow Us On
Ecology Center Job Announcements
HealthyStuff.org Research Coordinator
The Ecology Center seeks a detailed oriented Research Coordinator to assist with our consumer product testing project, HealthyStuff.org. The Ecology Center's HealthyStuff.org conducts independent research on hazardous chemicals in materials and products. Using test data, Healthystuff.org develops product ratings for many types of consumer products. Product test data and rankings are used to engage supplier, manufacturers, retailers, consumers and policy makers on campaigns to change chemical policy. This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week, and based out of the Ecology Center’s office in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Coordinator will be responsible for managing a team of 4 -6 interns and by assisting with overall product sampling, including: product/sample collection and management; product sampling and data quality control; new study design and development; and preparing data for input into the HealthyStuff.org online database.
- General lab experience including sample inventory tracking and quality control.
- Experience or general familiarity with spectroscopy, (XRF, FTIR, etc.) and other analytical techniques.
- Two or more years of experience with data management and analysis, working knowledge of statistical programs like SPSS or Strata.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Solid grasp of environmental issues pertaining to environmental health
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Assist with content creation (graphics, multimedia and social media) for study releases.
- Experience with grant writing and program development
- Proficiency in office software, web maintenance, graphic design and social media
Hours and Compensation
This is a temporary, part-time position at 20 hours per week. Most work will be Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
To apply, please send resume and over letter to Jobs@ecocenter.org, with “Research Coordinator” in the email subject.
Applications accepted until Friday, July 18, 2014, or until position is filled. Only selected applicants will be contacted and invited for interview.
The Ecology Center is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.