Follow Us On
Ann Arbor - Saline National Plug‐In Day
The Michigan Electric Auto Association and the Ecology Center, along with other local partners and sponsors, are organizing the Ann Arbor - Saline National Plug‐In Day event as a way to bring the attention of the media, policymakers, and the public to electric vehicles and the significant oil and emissions savings that a switch to EVs will present.
In Ann Arbor and Saline, National Plug In Day will begin with a street display and ride and drive event in Saline; then a parade of EVs up M12 and State Street to Ann Arbor, then several passages up and down Main Street, ending up at the corner of Main and William, where a second street display and ride and drive event will be held.
Here there will be the opportunity to:
- Examine currently available plug‐in EV of all kinds, plus an antique EV, and unique EV conversions
- Talk to people who drive EVs every day
- Watch the first of its kind parade of EV’s
- Take test rides/drives in a Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi MiEV, Ford Focus, Tesla Model S, Ford Ranger, Th!nk City, electric scooters, plus unique EV conversions
- Talk to DTE, EV equipment and service providers about charging stations, plug‐in kits and EV charging programs.
National Plug In Day is the nation’s largest grassroots EV event, and is sponsored by the Sierra Club, Plug‐In America,and the Electric Auto Association. Over 50 cities will participate with EV celebrations: ride-and-drives, awards, city proclamations, charging infrastructure spotlights, press conferences, community and business leader presentations, informational tables, and more.
Other local sponsors include: Saline Main Street, Ann Arbor Main Street Area Association, Ann Arbor Spark, DTE Energy, Clean Energy Coalition, Varsity Ford and Ann Arbor Automotive.