Follow Us On
Dangerous chemicals hidden in popular Halloween costumes and 'Trick or Treat' bags
Our Toxic Stuff Event
New Report Reveals the Dangers of Using Antibacterial Products
New tests find bee-killing pesticides in 51% of 'bee-friendly' plants from garden centers across U.S. and Canada
Study finds lead-abatement a sound investment for Michigan
Green Living Resources
LocalMotionGreen @ Ecology Center uses multiple modes of delivering information to consumers:
- Healthy Living Library: on-line, searchable collection of information-packed articles and helpful resources for healthy living. Search by major categories such as Lawn & Garden, Bath & Body, Green Cleaning, and Pets or by key words such as BPA, pesticides, plastic, or VOC.
- Shoppers’ Guides: downloadable, handy, color-coded guides for consumers to quickly reference products to look for and ingredients to avoid.
- Healthy Living Videos: short videos providing useful knowledge and helpful tips on ways to reduce exposure to harmful chemicals in daily life.
- Green Living Workshops: fun and engaging community presentations available to small groups.
- Mind the Store: easy ways to take action encouraging the nation's top 10 retailers to reduce toxic chemicals in consumer products.
Green Living Workshops
The educational programs of LocalMotionGreen @ Ecology Center raise public awareness about environmental toxics found in everyday products in an effort to promote improved health and quality of life.
- GardenGreen: promotes pesticide-free gardening offering lawn and garden tips with details of how to build healthy soil, effectively combat pests, and fertilize naturally.
- Bath & Body: alerts consumers to personal care and cosmetic products that contain carcinogens and other hazardous chemicals.
- Conscious Kitchen: informs about avoiding potential toxins in food and food preparation and storage.
- Healthy Home: offers solutions to minimizing VOCs and other pollutants that offgas in our homes from paint, furniture, electronics, and other furnishings.
- Non-toxic Nursery: focuses on the vulnerabilities of children and how to minimize harmful exposures in the home.
- Green Cleaning: demonstrates how to make household cleaners with natural ingredients and how to interpret signal words on products.