Follow Us On
New Report Reveals the Dangers of Using Antibacterial Products
New tests find bee-killing pesticides in 51% of “bee-friendly” plants from garden centers across U.S. and Canada
Study finds lead-abatement a sound investment for Michigan
Historic Indian Village Home & Garden Tour
Grosse Pointe Garden Center's Annual Garden Tour
Green Living Resources
LocalMotionGreen @ Ecology Center uses multiple modes of delivering information to consumers:
- Healthy Living Library: on-line, searchable collection of information-packed articles and helpful resources for healthy living. Search by major categories such as Lawn & Garden, Bath & Body, Green Cleaning, and Pets or by key words such as BPA, pesticides, plastic, or VOC.
- Shoppers’ Guides: downloadable, handy, color-coded guides for consumers to quickly reference products to look for and ingredients to avoid.
- Healthy Living Videos: short videos providing useful knowledge and helpful tips on ways to reduce exposure to harmful chemicals in daily life.
- Green Living Workshops: fun and engaging community presentations available to small groups.
- Mind the Store: easy ways to take action encouraging the nation's top 10 retailers to reduce toxic chemicals in consumer products.
Green Living Workshops
The educational programs of LocalMotionGreen @ Ecology Center raise public awareness about environmental toxics found in everyday products in an effort to promote improved health and quality of life.
- GardenGreen: promotes pesticide-free gardening offering lawn and garden tips with details of how to build healthy soil, effectively combat pests, and fertilize naturally.
- Bath & Body: alerts consumers to personal care and cosmetic products that contain carcinogens and other hazardous chemicals.
- Conscious Kitchen: informs about avoiding potential toxins in food and food preparation and storage.
- Healthy Home: offers solutions to minimizing VOCs and other pollutants that offgas in our homes from paint, furniture, electronics, and other furnishings.
- Non-toxic Nursery: focuses on the vulnerabilities of children and how to minimize harmful exposures in the home.
- Green Cleaning: demonstrates how to make household cleaners with natural ingredients and how to interpret signal words on products.