Influencing Lawmakers: Lobbying 101
Michigan Alliance for Lead Safe Homes Lansing Day
For 10 years, Michigan Alliance for Lead Safe Homes (MIALSH) has hosted Lead Education Day at the Capitol to let our lawmakers know ending lead poisoning is entirely preventable, and the ways we can end it are entirely achievable: by testing all toddlers, by increasing lead inspections and by certifying contractors for lead-safe work.
To make the event safe, accessible and flexible, we are taking Lead Education Day online April 27. You can join fellow community members on Zoom to tell your legislator lead poisoning harms children statewide, and common sense solutions can keep its devastating effects away for good.
Date: Tuesday, April 27th
*You can choose your availability when you RSVP*
- All day - meetings between 8:30 am- 4:00 pm
- Morning - meetings between 8:30 am- 12:00 pm
- Afternoon - meetings between 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm
RSVP for the event here.
Here's what you can expect:
- An opening and welcome from MEC President & CEO Conan Smith
- Up to four 30-minute video meetings with lawmakers and fellow concerned Michiganders near you
- Keynote speeches from Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, MDHHS Director Elizabeth Hertel and MDHHS Legislative Director Emily Schwarzkopf
MIALSH will provide all the technical support, resources and guidance you need.