The Ecology Center (EC) will automatically add you to our database of supporters when you donate or participate in any Ecology Center campaign. If you do not wish to be on Ecology Center’s list, you may unsubscribe at any time, and we will make that option easily and readily available. Ecology Center will never sell your e-mail address or other contact information.
Like most websites, Ecology Center servers may record the numerical Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the time and date you access Ecology Center’s website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. Ecology Center uses this information to measure the number of visitors to various sections of the site, to diagnose and correct system errors, and to improve the site. No information that identifies you personally is collected in our server logs.
Subscriber information & "Contact Us" forms
Information submitted by users via the “Contact Us” page listed next to the mailing address at the bottom of our website comes to the Ecology Center in the form of an email. We will store your email address in our database of supporters if: (1) you elect to receive our email updates when you use our web-based form to contact us, or (2) if you participate in any Ecology Center campaign. The Ecology Center does not collect any information other than what the supporter provides on our forms. If you would like to review your personal information collected, make corrections and/or request that your information not be shared with third parties, please contact us at (734) 761-3186 or by mail (Ecology Center, 339 E. Liberty, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48104). Requests are usually processed within 5-7 working days.
Subscriber information will be used by Ecology Center to send out messages related to our work, advocacy and related messaging.
Sharing Subscriber Information
The Ecology Center will not share personally identifiable information with a third party, except in the unlikely event that it is required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or legal process served on our website. In the event that a campaign or action item is a collaboration with partner organizations, the Ecology Center will clearly indicate that subscriber information may be shared before the subscriber opts in.
Communications from website
When supporters sign up for newsletters and email lists through the Ecology Center website, the Ecology Center sends supporters a welcome email to explain what you can expect to receive from us. Ecology Center also sends supporters periodic emails with information and links to our website and other related content. Ecology Center also sends supporters information about Ecology Center events, action campaigns, and fundraising efforts.
Supporters may unsubscribe from our email updates at any time. Links to unsubscribe are included at the bottom of every Ecology Center e-mail communication. If you are unable to complete your request using our automated system, please contact us at (734) 761-3186. Requests are usually processed within several working days.
Ecology Center’s website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Ecology Center is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Ecology Center’s website.
Because Ecology Center collects only very basic contact information, we currently do not use encryption software to protect this data. We gather information about our supporters via our website and store it in a private, online database to which only Ecology Center and its agents have access.
If we wish to use supporters’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify supporters via email. Supporters will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
Use and Disclosure of Donor Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Ecology Center, 339 E. Liberty, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: (734) 761-3186
Fax: (734) 663-2414
Postal Address: Ecology Center, 339 E. Liberty, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48104